- To improve the occupational skills and technical knowledge of the neo-literates and the trainees and to raise their efficiency and increase productive ability.
- To provide academic and technical resource support to Zilla Saksharata Samitis in taking up vocational and skill development programmers for neo-literates in both urban and rural areas.
- To serve as Nodal Continuing Education Centres (NCECs) and to coordinate, supervise and monitor 10-15 Continuing Education Centres (CECs).
- To organize training and orientation courses for Key Resource Persons, Master Trainers on designing, development and implementation of skill development programmes under the Scheme of Continuing Education for neo-literates.
- To conduct equivalency programmes through Open Learning System.
- To widen the range of knowledge and understanding of the social, economic and political systems in order to create critical awareness about the environment.
- To promote national goals such as secularism, national integration, population and development, womenâ€™s equality, protection and conservation of environment.